Saturday, January 23, 2010

A New Career


Although I have only been in London for a short time, I believe my time here has already turned me onto a new profession....leg model. as peter can attest you walk A TON!!! my roommate andrew and i google mapped the walk from the flats to the notre dame classroom building. it is exactly 2.0 miles!! that means every day i will walk at least 4 miles and i can assure you there has not been a day here that i haven't walked 6 at least. in addition, i live on the fourth floor (although the brits call it the third...i think they do this trick people into not thinking they are walking as much). now grant and joe may be thinking "hey we lived on the fourth floor of stanford and siegfried last year how rough can it be?" well such thinking is very flawed because the stairs here are significantly steeper!! maybe i'm out of shape but after walking back from class and up four very steep flights of stairs, I am winded!


Also, my roommate Andrew and I roamed around London today, something I think others greatly undervalue, and as we were roaming we came across a cool stone column. The column is literally simply called The Monument and was built between 1671-1677 to commemorate the Great Fire of London of 1666. It is the tallest free standing stone column in the world and after climbing the 311 steps (202 feet) you can take pictures from the top. You also get a certificate proving you climbed up and back when you leave. Well when Andrew and I stumbled across this we figured hey why not pay the 2 pound and climb to the top. It sounded like a harmless idea. FALSE! As some of you may know, I am not a fan of heights. I don't know why, but I simply do not like heights. So as Andrew and I are climbing up the top, it starts to get to me and then Andrew turns looks at me and says, "So you don't like heights, either?" Yep that is right two kids who both suffer from acrophobia paid 2 pounds to climb to the top of the world's tallest stone column!! Needless to say my stay on the top was brief but the 360 view of London was breathtaking.


What all this means is that I expect the most tone, sexiest legs on the planet when I return home this summer. I'm hoping I'll be able to make a little profit from this by venturing out into the tough world of leg model...who knows maybe some day I'll have a blog about that. Until later.

1 comment:

  1. the view from the column sounds amazing. you'll have to make a list of your favorite places and take mom, dad, and i when we visit.

    miss you.

    ReplyDelete