Monday, January 25, 2010

An Ode to My Mother

Dearest mother,
I just wanted to say,
that I miss you every day,
this is the first time I have lived on my own,
and at times it makes me want to moan,
I've realized I am a bad cook,
because most of what I make looks like gook,
I miss all your scruptious food,
because it puts me in a good mood,
I am hoping my cooking gets better,
otherwise I may become a debtor,
because of going out to eat,

As my devout readers can imagine my diet has significantly changed since coming to London. Gone are the days when I could simply walk across the quad and eat to my hearts content. Now I actually have to plan time in my day to make the food, which takes a lot longer than I thought. In addition, the flats have neither a dishwasher or garbage disposal which makes cleaning up a huge pain. So far I've realized I can make plain pasta (I'm currently 0 for 1 in making alfredo sauce), scrambled eggs (this is my specialty), roast beef sandwiches, and of course the always healthy frozen pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment